Congratulations to the winners! After reviewing hundreds of websites, Pacific Medical Training is happy to award these sites with our "Best of Doctor Sites" award. We fully appreciate and can understand the time and commitmen it takes to maintain a website. It’s a great and rewarding challenge to continuously provide current content that is easily accessible to site viewers.
- Doctor Carolyn provides a wealth of resources and advice in her blog The Healthy Doctor. Offering both research and commentary on a variety of topics from parenting to lifestyle to acupuncture and Chinese medicine, Doctor Carolyn’s blog makes for easy, informative reading. The author, Doctor Carolyn describes herself as a conventional GP who also specializes in lifestyle and Chinese medicine, taking care to truly evaluate all of the factors in life to make recommendations in treating illness and striving to prevent chronic disease. As a clinical researcher, Dr. Carolyn boasts familiarity with a great quantity of research and studies which makes for very interesting reading on her blog and is helpful for her practice.
- https://www.oliversacks.com — Dr. Oliver Sacks (July 9, 1933 - August 30, 2015) was a British neurologist well-known for his amazing books in which he explored the case histories of his patient’s in a way that the general public can appreciate. The website provides extensive resources about Sacks, his books, films inspired through his work, a blog and space for interaction with other site users. It is an excellent commonplace to study and learn more about this great contributor to science.
- www.hqmeded-ecg.blogspot.com — Dr. Stephen Smith, professor of emergency medicine at the University of Minnesota and faculty physician in the Emergency Medicine Residency, uses his blog to explore cases in ECG. He specializes in emergency cardiac care and has special access to unique and difficult cases which, with his patient’s permission, posts to his blog. Using a running commentary and analysis which encourages the reader to also take a stab at diagnosing and understanding the case, Dr. Smith carefully explores each case and provides helpful learning points for the reader. For any aspiring doctor or person interested in cardiac health, this blog is a gold mine.
- www.sleep-doctor.com — Professor of Otolaryngology at the University of Southern California specializing in snoring and obstructive sleep apnea, Dr. Kezirian is a leader in this area of medicine. Through his informative and comprehensive blog, Dr. Kezirian provides an evaluation of research and information for the treatment of snoring and sleep apnea. He also explains his own approach and procedures for treatment of his patient’s. Through this useful resource, Dr. Kezirian gives readers an easy way to find an analysis and explanation of nearly all of the treatment options and research in this area of medicine.
- www.doctorstevenpark.com — Through his blog, Dr. Steven Park explores the connection between sleep apnea and sleep breathing difficulties with other medical conditions. Using a holistic approach to study the interrelation of lifestyle and sickness with a special focus on sleep apnea and breathing, Dr. Park provides a fresh perspective. Dr. Park, in addition to writing his blog, is also the author of a book, Sleep Interrupted. For readers interested in sleep apnea and obstructed breathing and its effects and relationships with health in the rest of the body, this blog is a great place to start.
- www.drnorthrup.com — Dr. Christiane Northrup is a leader in women’s health. As an OB/GYN and woman, Dr. Northrup has a unique perspective to offer both women and men. Through her work over the years, she has published several books and appeared on shows such as Oprah. Through her blog and website resources, she makes some of her philosophies, advice and medical knowledge available. She encourages healthy lifestyles in order to face life’s challenges and changes. Specific advice is offered for women’s health in areas such as menopause, mothering, aging, etc.
- www.thedoctorweighsin.com — This website, begun by Dr. Patricia Salber, initially focused on weight loss and now covers a full range of topics in health and healthcare. A team of doctors and writers provides resources and articles about everything from wellness to cancer, nutrition, psychiatry and mental health, and even technology in healthcare. The site has something for everyone, from the everyday reader looking to improve his or her health to healthcare professionals looking for resources on workplace related issues.
- www.drwes.blogspot.com — Dr. Glidden is a naturopathic, holistic doctor offering a different perspective from conventional medicine. On his website and blog, Dr. Glidden uses video blogs to share stories of radical and different treatment possibilities for illnesses such as cancer, diabetes, and more. Dr. Glidden offers a different approach to medicine, claiming that his methods offer more holistic and long-lasting cures to chronic illnesses rather than management strategies. For those looking for something different in medicine, Dr. Glidden’s page is the best place to start.
- Dr. Spencer is a family doctor specializing in bariatric (weight loss) medicine. With a history as an athlete, Dr. Spencer promotes using exercise, nutrition and other healthy lifestyle choices to achieve great health. Through his website, he seeks to show readers how they may make lifestyle improvements that can minimize the use of drugs in treating illness and chronic health issues. With a focus on weight loss techniques, tips and tricks, the blog is a helpful resource for readers looking to shed some extra pounds.
- www.boogordoctor.com — On the Booger Doctor’s website, Dr. Russell Faust provides information and resources for families dealing with chronic aero-respiratory disorders in children such as allergies, sinusitis, asthma, reflux, and more. Dr. Faust provides information on a variety of approaches, from conventional to alternative with the goal of using integrative and holistic techniques that focus on improving overall health. Posts ranging in topics from children’s nutrition to pregnancy rhinitis to air quality, Dr. Faust’s website provides a great resource for parents seeking relief from their own and their children’s struggles with aero-respiratory disorders.
Back to favorites list