On this page you can view answers to common questions about our site and courses. If you have suggestions for additional questions we could add to this page (and answer), please let us know through our Contact Us page.
1. Are your courses accepted nationwide?
Yes, our courses are accepted throughout the US and internationally. Most of our customers are located within the United States, but we also have customers in Canada, the UK, Europe, and South America.
Our Pacific Medical Training branded training courses are sold proudly, under contract, to the U.S. Department of the Army and NASA .
2. How fast will I receive my card?
Right away! You will be able to download your instant provider card as soon as you pass your exam. If requested, your hard copy card will be mailed within 1 business day after you pass your exam.
3. Can I purchase more than one course?
Yes, you can purchase up to 3 courses (1 for ACLS, 1 for PALS and 1 for BLS). Plus, you can save an extra 10% when you buy 2 courses and 15% when you buy 3! You may purchase any of our job training courses in addition to our ACLS, BLS, and PALS courses.
4. Do your courses include online training material?
Yes, each course includes complete online training material so you won't need anything else to prepare for your exam. Our ACLS, PALS & BLS courses follow 2020 American Heart Association® Guidelines for CPR and ECC. For your convenience, our online training material is also available in PDF form so that you can study it from your computer or easily print it out and prepare away from the computer.
5. Can I take your courses for my initial certification?
Yes. Our certification courses are designed for medical professionals in need of initial certification. Each certification course includes complete online training material, online exam with instant grading, 3 free exam takes, instant provider card, hard copy provider card (if requested), and free shipping for your requested hard copy provider card for customers in the United States.
6. Can I take your courses if I have been certified in the past?
Yes. Our recertification courses are designed for medical professionals who have already been certified in the past. Each recertification course like ACLS recertification online includes complete online training material, online exam with instant grading, 3 free exam retakes, instant provider card, hard copy provider card (if requested) and free shipping for your requested hard copy provider card for customers in the United States. Note that the online exam for recertification courses is shorter than the exam for corresponding certification courses.
7. Can I take your course(s) if my certification has expired?
Yes. You can take our recertification courses whether your previous certification is active or expired.
8. Do your courses make me use a login or password?
No, our online courses are designed to be as quick and convenient as possible so we do not use logins or passwords, which often cause problems for people depending on their computer/Internet setup and knowledge.
As soon as you purchase one of our courses you will be provided with access to the online training material and exam for the course so you can begin preparing right away. We will also send you an email with the training material and exam links in case you're not able to begin immediately. As soon as you pass the exam you will be able to download an instant provider card so you have immediate proof of certification 24/7/365. If requested we will mail out your hard copy card.
9. How do I submit my answers for the exam?
All exam questions are multiple choice, with one correct answer per question. Once you've selected all your answers on
the exam page and submitted them, your answers will be graded automatically by our exam system. You will then be
directed to an exam results page where you can see a list of any questions answered incorrectly and whether or not you
passed the exam.
- If you do not pass on your first attempt, you can review the questions you missed so you can study for them using the online training material and pass the exam on your next attempt.
- If you do pass, then you will be able to immediately download an instant provider card so you have instant proof of certification. If requested, we will mail out your hard copy provider card.
10. Is there a time limit for taking the exam?
No. You can spend as much time on the exam as you need. In fact, we encourage you to not rush through the exam too quickly, but to answer each question methodically and then double-check your answers.
11. How quickly will my answers be graded?
Your answers will be graded automatically as soon as they have been submitted.
12. What happens if I don't pass the exam?
If you do not pass on your first attempt, you can study for the questions you missed using the online training material and pass the exam on your next attempt. Each course includes 3 total attempts to pass your exam.
13. Will I receive an AHA ACLS card after I pass the exam?
No. The AHA does not currently endorse ANY online-only certification or recertification course. When you complete one of our online courses you will receive an ACLS card from Pacific Medical Training. In general, our online courses will work fine for you if your employer does not specifically mandate AHA certification. For your convenience, we offer a 3 month money back guarantee on all of our courses.
14. How long will my certification be good for?
Your certification will be good for 2 years from the date you passed the exam.
15. What are your business hours?
Monday through Friday 8AM to 5PM Pacific Time (PST).
16. How do I contact you?
See our contact us page for phone, email, and mailing contact information.
17. What business name will show up on my credit card statement after I order?
Pacific Medical Training
18. Do you guarantee your courses?
Yes, we guarantee each of our courses for a 3 full months from the original date of purchase.
19. Can I still access the course materials after I pass?
Yes. If it's been longer than an year since you last logged in, you may have trouble logging in. Please send us an email with your order number and we will assist you.