State acceptance in Louisiana
Physicians: We are accepted by the LA Board of Medicine because we are accredited by AMA (category 1)
§437. Qualifying Continuing Medical EducationPrograms A. Any program, course, seminar or other activity offering Category 1 CME shall be deemed approved for purposes of satisfying the continuing medical education requirements under this Subchapter, if sponsored or offered by:
- an organization or entity accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME);
Nurses: We are accepted by the LA Board of Nursing because we are ANCC accredited
Minimum of 5 contact hours of ANCC or State BON accredited nursing continuing education required annually for license renewal
Dentists: We are accepted by the LA Board of Dentistry because we are accredited by ADA CERP
Select: Part XXXIII - Dental Health Profession http://www.lsbd.org/applications/DentalPracticeAct.pdf 1611. Continuing Education Requirements for Relicensure of Dentists A. Unless exempted under §1607, each dentist shall complete a minimum of 40 hours of continuing education during each renewal period for the renewal of his/her license to practice dentistry. 1615. Approved Courses A. Courses sponsored or approved by the following organizations shall be accepted by the board: 1. American Dental Association and its affiliate associations and societies; H. Dentists will be awarded three clinical credit hours for successful completion of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Course ““C””, Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers as defined by the American Heart Association or the Red Cross Professional Rescue Course. “
Pharmacists: We are accepted by the LA Board of Pharmacy because we are ACPE accredited
§507. Continuing Education Program Requirements.
- A minimum of 1 1/2 ACPE or board-approved CPE units, or 15 hours, shall be required each year as a prerequisite for pharmacist licensure renewal. Of this number, no less than 3/10 ACPE or board-approved CPE units, or three hours, shall be acquired through live presentations, as designated by ACPE or the board. Alternatively, should a pharmacist choose to not acquire at least 3/10 ACPE or board-approved CPE units, or three hours, through live presentations, then he shall acquire an additional 5/10 ACPE or board-approved CPE units, or five hours, through any other acceptable method, over and above the minimum requirement, for a total of two ACPE or board-approved CPE units, or 20 hours.
EMS workers: Our courses count in LA as acceptable CME
The Louisiana Bureau of EMS has established guidelines for “state approved” continuing education in response to the NREMT’s statement: The NREMT accepts continuing education that has received official approval through your State EMS office and/or CECBEMS
Also states: The Louisiana Bureau of EMS has pre-approved continuing education that fits into one or more of the following criteria: Common EMS Specialty Courses
- ACLS (AHA or ASHI): Hour for hour of instruction, up to 16 hours
- PALS (AHA or ASHI): Hour for hour of instruction, up to 16 hours
- Professional CPR or Healthcare Provider CPR: Hour for hour of instruction, up to 8 hours”
- https://www.percomcourses.com/louisiana-emt-paramedic-training-and-certification/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAkePyBRCEARIsAMy5Scuzi-2llcDpZaUuaG-PwwBDKskMFK00I0SH0Bk0DfnyUxdwR3KvwYkaAt0JEALw_wcB Click: State Approved continuing education memo
Tattoo artists: Our bloodborne pathogen course is acceptable in LA
CBA Trainers List - Part XXVIII requires all CBA operators to hold current training certificates in cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR), first aid, and bloodborne pathogens and disease transmission prevention. We will accept online training for the bloodborne pathogens/disease transmission prevention course ONLY. The other two courses must be classroom training.
Furthermore, we are listed on the DHH-Approved Trainers/Training Centers for Requisite CBA Training web page at: https://www.doa.la.gov/Pages/osr/LAC-46.aspx
See the last page of the PDF.
If you prefer sit-down, in-person training for ACLS, we have you covered.
Ochsner Medical Center — New Orleans / 51201 South Clearview Parkway Suite 500 New Orleans, LA 70121-2429
E. Baton Rouge Parish Dept. of Emergency Med Serv. / 53801 Harding Blvd. Baton Rouge, LA 70807
Glenwood Regional Medical Center (GRMC-TC) / 5503 McMillan / Thomas Road West Monroe, LA 71291
National EMS Academy, Acadian Companies d/b/a / 52916 N University Ave Bldg B Lafayette, LA 70507-4039
Lake Charles Memorial Health System / 51701 Oak Park Boulevard Lake Charles, LA 70601-8991
Total number of locations: 17. These locations CAN provide American Heart Association-branded provider cards if needed.
To schedule a session, please see our in-person scheduling page.
Life saving stories
Here's a few stories that warmed our heart. Just sharing and thanking you for choosing a career that helps people that need it most.
Firefighter's saved man's life by CPR
On Feb 24, Matt and George saw a man suffering from cardiac arrest while they were playing pool. They started providing him CPR for about 8 minutes until the first responders arrived. Doctors said that the man would have died if they didn't provide CPR. Matt and George now urge that everyone should learn CPR.