State acceptance in South Carolina
Physicians: We are accepted by the SC Board of Medicine because we are accredited by AMA (category 1)
What documentation is required to renew my permanent SC License? The continued professional competency of a physician holding a permanent license must be demonstrated in the following manner: (2) For renewal of an active permanent license biennially, documented evidence of at least one of following options during the renewal period is required: (a) forty hours of Category I continuing medical education sponsored by the American Medical Association, American Osteopathic Association, or another organization approved by the board as having acceptable standards for courses it sponsors, at least thirty hours of which must be related directly to the licensee’s practice area;
Nurses: We are accepted by the SC Board of Nursing because we are ANCC accredited
Reference: Nurse Practice Act Chapter 33 Section 40-33-40
(>B) Demonstration of competency for: Renewal of an active license biennially requires documented evidence of at least ONE of the following requirements during the licensure period:
- completion of thirty contact hours from a continuing education provider recognized by the board;
I. Continuing Nursing Education Contact Hours
- The State Board of Nursing for South Carolina will accept continuing education contact hours approved by the following providers/ organizations: • Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) • American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) of the American Nurses Association (ANA)
Dentists: We are accepted by the SC Board of Dentistry because we are accredited by ADA CERP
- All dentists shall complete a minimum of fourteen (14) continuing education hours per year or twenty-eight (28) continuing education hours over two (2) years
- The continuing education hours must be courses related to the procedures approved for each licensee/registrant such as: (e) CPR, diet and nutrition.
- All dentists and dental hygienists must have completed an approved CPR course within three (3) years of licensure or renewal.
- Programs that meet the general requirement of Section 2. may be developed and/or endorsed by organizations and agencies such as: (a) the American Dental Association, Academy of General Dentistry,
Pharmacists: We are accepted by the SC Board of Pharmacy because we are ACPE accredited
SECTION 40-43-130 (B) Each licensed pharmacist, as a condition of an active status license renewal, shall complete fifteen hours (1.5 CEU’s) of American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE) accredited continuing pharmacy education or continuing medical education (CME), Category I,
If you prefer sit-down, in-person training for ACLS, we have you covered.
Code One Charleston / 4 Carriage Lane Charleston, SC 29407
Code One Training Solutions, LLC / 1595 Savannah Highway, Suite 4 Charleston, SC 29407
Palmetto Health Simulation Center / 3555 Harden St. Ext., 15 Medical Park, Lower Level Columbia, SC 29203
Total number of locations: 17. These locations CAN provide American Heart Association-branded provider cards if needed.
To schedule a session, please see our in-person scheduling page.
Life saving stories
Here's a few stories that warmed our heart. Just sharing and thanking you for choosing a career that helps people that need it most.